On this page, we will talk about how to make pizza veg. There are a lot of different types of pizza out there. A veggie pizza is one of the most popular types.
[A veggie pizza is just a pizza with only veggies on it and does not have any meat at all.]
Examples of ingredients on a veggie pizza: Sauce, cheese, mushroom, onions, green peppers, black olives, broccoli, tomatoes, fresh garlic and feta cheese
If you are pizzaholic, then you must have tried different kinds of pizza. How was it compared to homemade pizza? Most people agree that the homemade ones are by far, better.
You probably didn’t get it the first time, but with practice and attention to details, you managed to make one with a crispy crust and the leopard spots. In this article, we shall show you how to make pizza veg, a healthier and even more delicious pizza.
For the sake of new pizzaiolo, these are the pizza tools you need to make an exceptional pizza: a rolling pin, a pizza paddle, a pizza wheel, and a pizza stove. If you are making your pizza dough then you need a kitchen scale and a dough mixer.
The variation of pizza veg recipes is endless. Since we cannot cover all of them at the same time, I shall give you my favorite recipe with a detailed how to make pizza veg right in your kitchen. I have divided the entire process into three parts: preparing the pizza bread, making the toppings and baking the pizza.
- Prep time: 2hrs 20 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 2 hours 40 minutes
- Servings: 3
Making the pizza bread
- 3 cups of wheat flour (separated, 1 cup=250 ml)
- 2 tsp. of dry yeast
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 ½ Tsp. Olive oil
- Cornmeal for use on pizza paddle
- Add the sugar to the warm water.
- Add our yeast and stir to mix. Let the mixture sit for 10-15 mins (at room temperature). It should be frothy at the end.
- In a bowl add one cup of flour, add salt, 2 tsp. of olive oil and the yeast mixture.
- Gently stir then add another cup of flour. Using dough mixture, stir until the mixture gets sticky.
- Add the remaining cup of flour. Stir.
- Knead until the pizza dough is smooth and elastic
- Apply some olive oil all over the pizza dough
- Cover the pizza dough and allow it to sit for 1 ½ -2 hours.
The dough will rise and almost double in size.
Making the pizza toppings
Remember you can make pizza topping of your choice. For my recipe on how to make pizza veg, I choose to make everything from scratch including the tomato sauce.
Ingredient for the tomato sauce
- 3 medium garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 medium tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp. fresh basil
- 2 Tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tsp. red wine
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano
- Grounded black pepper
- Blanch all the tomatoes and chop them.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the garlic. Add the tomatoes and the wine.
- Let them cook uncovered for 5 mins
- Add the herbs, pepper, and salt
- Mix and cook for 4 more mins.
How to make Pizza veg toppings
- 1 sliced capsicum
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 9 pitted green olives
- 9 pitted black olives
- Pizza cheese
- Dried or fresh herbs
Now the fun on how to make pizza veg begins, assembling the pizza.
- Before you begin this process, place the pizza stone on the oven rack. Turn the heat to 200 degrees centigrade. For a crunchy crust pizza, the pizza stone should heat for about 25 minutes before you place the assembled dough on the stone.
- Flatten the dough to a disk using a rolling pin. To make this easy, start by brush the rolling pin with some cornmeal.
- Brush the pizza spatula with some cornmeal too. Place the flat pizza dough on the pizza spatula.
- Brush some olive oil on the pizza base and spread the tomato sauce on the pizza.
- Evenly spread your veggies on the now flat pizza dough.
- Now spread the assembling with grated cheese.
- If the pizza stone has heated for more than 20 minutes, place your dough on the stone using a pizza spatula (preferably with a wooden one)
- Bake the pizza on the preheated pizza stone for 20 minutes.
- Use a pizza paddle to remove from oven. Allow it to rest for a minute. Using a pizza cutter, slice the pizza and serve while hot.
- The layer of cornmeal on the pizza paddle is used to allow the dough to slide onto the stone easily.
- Pre-heating the pizza stone creates that crispy crust on a pizza.
- For a better dough, you can store it in a refrigerator for 2 days (in a glass bowl and covered with plastic)
- You can serve the pizza with tomato sauce and the herbs.
- Leftover pizza sauce and pizza dough can be refrigerated.
Did you find this recipe on how to make pizza veg useful? Feel free to share your experience below.