On this page I will teach you How to Make Pizza Dough.
I have been making pizza for over 30 years and I learned from an owner who was making pizza dough before I was born.
To help explain, I will try and summarize how our family has been making pizza dough since the beginning.
Use whichever flour that gets you the end result that you are looking for. Every type of flour will give you a different end result but they will all work.
How To Make Pizza Doe
- Step 1: 45lb of flour – Dump your flour into your dough mixing bowl.
- Step 2: Sugar – Add your sugar to the flour that you already have inside the mixing bowl
- Step 3: Salt – Add your salt to the ingredients that you already have in the mixing bowl.
- Step 4: Yeast – Add your yeast to finish up your dry ingredients.
- Step 5: Let all of you dry ingredients mix for 3 minutes
- Step 6: Water – After the dry ingredients have mixed for 3 minutes. It is time to add the water.
- Step 7: Oil – After all of the water has been added to the flour it is time to add your oil. So go ahead and dump in the oil.
- Step 8: Mix for 10 minutes – After all of the ingredients are mixing in the dough bowl. This is when you let it all mix for 10 minutes.
How To Make Pizza Dough
After all of your ingredients have mixed in the dough bowl for a total of 10 minutes. Turn off the dough mixer because your dough should be done. Now you are able to take the giant dough ball and cut it up.
Everybody has a different way of making their dough. Also, there is a lot of different ways people prepare their dough after the dough is made. For instance, some people let their dough sit out for hours before they refrigerate it. While some people refrigerate their dough first – before – they cut and need their dough.
So keep in mind the number of differences in dough making. Every one of these techniques is ok to use. It is completely up to you and your preferences.
I hope this article on how to make pizza dough has helped. If you are interested, check out my Pizza Cutter Page or one of my Pizza Blogs. Thank and good luck!